Thursday, December 11, 2008

Drifting Through Rose Scented Dreams

My last ROSEBUD! post.

I think.

I've spent the last week expounding upon Bare Rose, showing ways to mix and match, extolling the virtues of their everyday wear, and featuring other people's enthusiasm. All the while circling the heart of B@R, the part that really makes me a fanboi of June Dion until the end.

The fantasy outfits, of course.

I know that if maturity were one of the tests for being allowed in Second Life then I'd barely be allowed onto the teen grid. But one of the main things I love about this waking dream we share is that I can be anything I want to be. And I spent my childhood in the library. Bare Rose allows me to be all the things that I read about and yearned to be. A valiant knight, a savage demon, an avenging archangel, even a majestic dragon and yes. A Vampire.

My far-less-than-elite photo skills don't begin to do the justice to these few favourite outfits that I'd like to. But here is just a few of the more than 1000 of June's imaginings bought to life. Second Life. All taken at Templum Ex Obscurum, the perfect setting for this.

War Chariot - Blog Version
War Chariot

Mastema
Mastema

Arachnid Knight
Arachnid Knight

Bloody Jolly
Bloody Jolly

Dragon Knight
Dark Dragon Knight

Ethereal Heaven
Ethereal Heaven

Salamander - Blog Version
Salamander

Dread
Dread

I'd also like to share with you the last round of wonderful SL Bloggers who joined in the ROSEBUD! Challenge.

Francesca Balogh Ganymedes Costagravas Stacie Pryor Tiffer GossipGirl Grazia Horwitz Willow Zander Grady Echegaray Vyktor Maertens and Cayce Newell Jhuzen Ketsugo Joonie Jatho Casja Lillehook Gabby Panacek Helix Rehula Frequency Picnic Rylan Carling Efemera Bisiani Shelby Rasmuson SakuraDawn Lei Candy Lemmon Sai Pennell Elusyve Jewell Meara Deschanel MacKenzie Irling and the amazing Ana Lutetia, who not only completed 9 versions of the challenge but also offered me advice and support this last week. <3

Along with rounds one and two

Stacie Pryor Kairo Lange Bubbles Komachi Phire Zuhra Cajsa Lilliehook Dove Swanson Yabusaka Ana Lutetia Fricka Morgath Grazia Horwitz Aisuru Candy Lemmon Rylan Carling Tesa Jewell Gabby Panacek Achariya Maktoum Makenzie Irling Brandy Rasmuson Whimsy Winx
Luna Jubilee Raul Crimson Ana Lutetia Kristi Maurer Casja Lilliehook Vixie Rayna
Dakota Lubitsch Grazia Horwitz Ivey Deschanel Mouse Mimistrobell TearSong Vaughan Kalia Meiklejohn Amyla WakowskiSasy Scarborough

There are a few names that appear several times but they've all submitted several versions of their take on this project. Over 50 bloggers took part! And we had hundreds of submissions to the Flickr pool as well. You should all be damned proud of yourselves.

Don't forget that we are wrapping up Bare Rose Appreciation Week with an epic party at the White Wolf stage on Tursday the 11th at 6:30 - 9:30. There's prizes for the best male and female using a Bare Rose costume, and we have DJ Summerkatz taking requests all evening.

And I also want to thank everyone who read, participated, shot, shopped, or introuduced a friend to Bare Rose because of this week. It's the ongoing enthusiasm of all the residents that keeps Second Life alive and thriving. Even for us dead boys. And now I'm going back to being a slacker for at least a couple of weeks. If anyone wants me, I'll be in my trailer.


.

7 comments:

  1. Well it was a great challenge!!!
    And though I'm not listed I did participate with 2 blog entries and flickr. And thanks for using my pic, it was cool to see it in a blog that people do read. (unlike mine!)I'm still planning to buy more outfits, (even after buying a few more since then). There should be some really wild outfits at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shelbyyyy..... look in round 3 between Efemera and SakuraDawn. There was no way I could have missed your wonderful post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... I has a 10th surprising post to show (whenever my blog is back up it will be published).
    And... I also went to Templum (inspired by you) to took pics in an outfit that would look great around your Ethereal Heaven look.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like that red mohawk. Think you rocked it out better than I did. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I was in there!!
    Again, it was lots of fun, especially seeing all the great blogs out there! (I'm purely an amateur at blogging, but sometimes it's more interesting when you are still learning and figuring how everything fits together.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Winter. Thanks for pulling me out of a blog slump...off to take piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah what Whimsy Said, except the last part.

    xox Sasy xox

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared, SAY IT.