Monday, March 2, 2009

POWER UP!

So I logged in one afternoon several weeks ago, and I was immediately pounced upon by a frenchman of my acquaintance, Cheyn Lane.

Boof4

Already I know a lot of ladies reading this would have gladly swapped places with me. Perhaps not all of them though - because once I rezzed from my blind teleport I was dazzled by GAMER GEEK HEAVEN in the form of the store *Boof* - a Nintendo themed land where Yoshi frolics, Mario and Luigi jump for coins like the mercenary money grubbing tradesmen they are and Princess Peach stands around looking just as helpless as usual, perhaps waiting for Lara Croft to give her some lessons in hardening the fuck up. No, seriously - I love the Mario Brothers. It's just that my sympathies of that era leaned more towards Sonic. I think it's the hairstyle.


Boof2



The store is owned by Thena Claxton and she's a massive fan, so much so that you can see the love she's poured into everything she's made with the Mario motif. This belt I'm wearing is the Luigi special, and you can get both brothers. Included with it is all sorts of goodies. You get a hat, moustache, a mushroom spawner, the "?" boxes that you jump at and they generate coins for you, but best of all the belt and the plunger. The belt is awesome because every little Mario icon on it is clickable, and you get a soundbite from the video game and a heady rush of 264 bit teenage memories along with it. And when you click the fireflower you get to shoot fireballs! SQUEEE!!!! And the thing I like best about the plunger is that you get two versions, one for your back and the other one a damage enabled attack weapon. So yes, I've been able to boast that I can actually beat people to death with my plunger....


Boof3


Speaking of being a fan, I was happily handing over my heart, soul and opposable thumbs to Twiggy Whippet when I saw the wall that has her Henley Mark Long Sleeve Shirts all over it. Half of the new design duo spectacular Whippet and Buck, she's done something wonderful. She has made this shirt in every colour there is. Not just the ones that the men's clothing industry deems appropriate for male use. So we get to decide rather than having red, black, grey and navy blue thrust upon us as WHAT YOU MUST WEAR RAWR! Of course I bought up all the shades of pink, as well as teal, bordeaux and chartreuse. But I left my comfort zone with my second most hated colour of orange, shown here under the shade name Trinidad. (Damn you, Elusyve!) I can ignore the fact that I feel like a can of Fanta because the texturing on this is just SO damn good. The wrinkles and the chest shading alone are perfectly done, but the weave on this had me pledging eternal love to Twiggy. She says she spent a long time on it, and it shows. And yes - it comes on all layers. And all for 60l!


The good thing with a solid coloured shirt is that it is the only thing that won't fight with these mad paint spattered jeans that I picked up from Root Beer at the Tableau re-opening madness from yesterday. It's early days, and I know everyone is raving over it.... and I know that the sim gets shaken up every so often... but I prefer the New Orleans on acid that it was before. If I catch those hamsters they'll have some 'splainin' to do, that's for sure. Finishing at my feet I am wearing the Eighth Wonder of Second Life - the 30 linden chucks from the House of Curio. These people keep making shoes that rank amongst the best on the grid, then they charge ridiculously low prices for them. These have eleven colour change options and come in both male and female sizes. So you really have no excuse to not wear them, and indeed keep the SLX page bookmarked so you can endow the next poorly dressed noob that accosts you.


Boof1


Of course one classic game reference deserves another, so I had to drag out the Pacman necklace from Ducknipple which has been lurking in my inventory for almost a year now. With my beloved Studio Sidhe colour and letter change Alphabeads bracelet slipping over my hands as I'm parrying with my plunger. (Yes, I gave you a free shot there, make all the jokes you like.) And finishing up top this outfit I'm all shaggy and stuffs in the Nyu hair from Rock Candy. Which I found the way I do all the best hair shops in SL - I jealously and discreetly inspect whatever Lawless is wearing and have ported there before the dust has even settled from his departure. How he manages to be on for like.. an half an hour a week and still know all the sekrits drives me mad. I think I may have trumped him with something I know he - and no one else - would ever wear, as according to my work colleague Alex looking over my shoulder as I type this "Wow.....just wow. Do you have to review that? Because the term "ugly as sin" comes to mind. Even the star looks sad to be stuck on the front of that stinking turd of an outfit ." I think this is just one more example of how the living have no taste, and I'm more than happy to hand out his address and phone number to any of the designers I've featured here. Because heaven's knows he couldn't be talking about the glorious hot mess of an outfit I've assembled with them.... could he?




P.S. Yes, I know a lot of girls are gamers. I'm just trying to be arrogant and divisive. Love me anyways.

P.P.S Forgot again. Almost all the poses in this are from the new [LAP] Male Blogger set, created especially for we fashion types to showcase clothing properly with no twists or breaks in the clothing. Sooooooo incredibly win it's ridiculous.



.

3 comments:

  1. orange RAWR..umm wait.. scrolls back.. you hooked up with Cheyn and didnt call me immediately to fangurl on him *cries*
    oh and thank you for making me spit my cafe-mocha on my keyboard at work... tres amusing post Mr. Jefferson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a damage enabled plunger! *must have*
    And yes, there *are* lots of girl gamers - I've been a proud gamer since 1983!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me his address !!! I'll punt him all across the U.S. for saying that! Rawr!!! and mad thanks my favorite living-dead-guy? o.0 Hehe I'm so glad you like the belt and plunger!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be scared, SAY IT.